Thursday, January 16, 2014

Pinspiration Thursday

Hey gang,

Yesterday I showed you my baby's Star Wars-themed birthday party.  Today I'll show you which of those fun crafty decorations started out as pins!  Hint: it's not just one!

The Pinspiration:

Star Wars Birthday Party
Photo: Kara's Creative Place
That Mommy's Version:



The Pinspiration:

pottery barn death star knock-off
Photo: 320 Sycamore
That Mommy's Version:


A note about this project: I followed the tutorial at 320 Sycamore exactly and got pretty darn good results. My paper bubbled a little because of the kind of wood I used, but its not very obvious in person.  Here you see the lights flashing, so you can't see all of ours (by the way, they are red because my son wanted his to be his favorite color).  Okay so on the lights: I had a set of 30 and they didn't reach all the holes!  I ended up using a set of 100, so if in doubt buy the larger strand of lights.

The Pinspiration:

Star Wars Party via herecomesthesunblog.net
Photo: Here Comes the Sun Blog
That Mommy's Version:

Black tablecloth, white splattered paint, and vinyl letters cut with my Silhouette.
Be back next Thursday for more Pinspiration!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment makes my day!