Friday, January 1, 2016

Here's to Happy!

Happy New Year!!!

I absolutely love this time of year--it always brings a renewed energy for paring down, getting simple, eating right, organizing everything...you know...all the biggies.

I'm not making any resolutions this year because certain failure is disappointing, ha!  Nor do I have a word of the year or a theme or anything.  I want to be better at everything and yes, I will certainly give that my best shot.

But the main things for me are to seek God, love others, enjoy life.  Oh well if my floors are mostly dirty or my linen closet re-org lasts for only a month, or my kitchen remains unpainted for another year (I'm looking at you, 2015 resolution).  Oh well if my veggie shake gets supplanted by breakfast from Bojangles every once in a while.  Oh well if the kids' toys finally succeed in their quest to overtake my home.

But enjoying where the Lord has placed me, doing good work in those places, and seeking Him? I have confidence those goals will get me somewhere.  How do I know?  Because they already have! Here I am, talking to you, after all, which is one of my favorite things to do.  So cheers to the author of all goodness today!  Here's to happy!

 photo e0bcbc63-97e4-4f3b-adae-03bfc854ae09_zpsb8a65301.jpg
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment makes my day!