Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Deep, Dark, and Gorgeous

Navy, charcoal and coral.  Perfection.
The fam and I were visiting friends a couple weeks ago and when I saw her new bedroom decor I knew immediately I had to share. My iPhone pics cannot possibly do it justice, but you can clearly tell how gorgeous it is, right? 


This is the way to do deep and dark, y'all.  It is stunning.  Literally, I was speechless and that almost never happens!




The color of the walls is of course the show-stopper here, however the details my girl put into the room really make that color work.  She balanced the deep dark walls with hits of turquoise and coral, and layered the room with texture which to me adds to the romantic vibe just as much as the wall color itself.









Wondering how to get your husband to agree to trade your ceiling fan for a great chandy?  Here's how:

If you do a deep color like this, send pics!  Or maybe you already have a dark color in your home? Do tell...

 photo e0bcbc63-97e4-4f3b-adae-03bfc854ae09_zpsb8a65301.jpg
Sources:
Wall Color: Naval by Sherwin-Williams
Ceiling inside Tray: Revere Pewter by Benjamin Moore
Armchair: Home Goods
Chandelier: Overstock
Bamboo Shades: Home Depot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment makes my day!