Thursday, May 1, 2014

Pinspiration Thursday No. 13: An Easy, Pretty Planter

Welcome everyone to Pinspiration Thursday Numero 13!  And Happy May Day!



I'm so glad to be back!  I saw this Pin last week and was instantly smitten:

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/239042692696304383/
Photo: Pink Polka Dot Creations
I kept thinking about it and realized I have a candle-holder birdcage up on a shelf somewhere that would be perfect.  The only thing I purchased were the plants and a 12" coconut liner (97 cents at Walmart).


I trimmed about an inch off the top of the coconut liner, then simply shoved it down there, allowing it to wrinkle in places.  Then I overplanted my heart out, adding ivy, impatiens, and this little white flowering beauty (its called euphorbia Stardust Super Flash, in case you want one of your own--it might get too big, we will see).  I did not add holes to my birdcage, in case I want to use it as a candleholder again someday.


I mostly chose plants that can handle shade, since my table gets only a couple of hours of sun a day.  The euphorbia calls for full sun but I am trying it out here anyway.


I will be sure to come back and let you know how they do this summer!

 photo e0bcbc63-97e4-4f3b-adae-03bfc854ae09_zpsb8a65301.jpg
P.S. I love this series because it challenges me to be crafty, but I am wondering what you think.  Would you please leave me a comment letting me know if its inspiring, useful, boring or any other feedback?  Thanks!

Follow on Bloglovin

P.P.S. I'm lovin' the Linky's at:
Beyond The Picket Fence   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment makes my day!