Thursday, March 13, 2014

Pinspiration Thursday No. 9: It's a Spring Thing

Hey there, glad you stopped by today!  Yes, I am looking at YOU!  Are you as excited as I am that spring is in the air?  I am downright giddy, I tell ya.  So I wanted to share my spring mantel with you today as well as show you this week's Pinspiration.  Ready?  Awesome.

Here she is, decked out for Spring in greens and blues.



I really enjoyed pulling from what I could find around the house to make my happy little ode to spring.  (By the way, I once shared my process for decorating a mantel, which you can find here).




I painted this basket with Annie Sloan chalk paint in French Linen, then sanded it quickly for this effect.  Love!
 So, where's the Pinspiration?  Well, here is my original pin:
Split pea wreath
Photo: Love of Family and Home
And here is my split-pea wreath, which I put together following Tonya's instructions exactly:



I even loved her burlap ribbon...had to do it too...couldn't stand myself!  I could have spent more time on it and filled in my bare spots a bit more, but whatevs.  I am happy with it.

Are you spring-i-fying your home as well?  Would love to hear about it!
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Decided to finally comment :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU!!! For your comment and for commenting!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment makes my day!