Monday, January 6, 2014

A New Year, A Fresh Start

Happy New Year!

Yeah, I'm a full six days late.  My family is so lucky to have a nice long break in late December through early January and I take FULL advantage!  But today marks our first day back from break, and honestly I relish getting into the old routines, finding our old grooves and taking a fresh look at life as usual.


We had so much fun with family over Christmas, and then together, just us, for the last few days.  I am coming into the New Year with a renewed energy for my family--to focus on what is important here, in this home.  If I made a resolution, it was to limit the junk I feed my family (more on that later!), but it goes way bigger than that.


I've been overextended, overscheduled, and overcomplicated.  Remember my old mantra, Simpler is Better? Well, I need to bring more of that back and that's what the New Year has me thinking about.


Unfortunately, to get simpler I am going to have to cut back on some things. That's the vexing thing, isn't it? We mommies want to do it all, and we try to...and then we hit a limit, run right past that limit and into that exhausted wasteland where mommies roam free with cranky attitudes and bags under their eyes.  I don't want to live there anymore. I want to pare down and focus on what matters most.  What about you?  Do you make resolutions?  How are you doing on them?

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment makes my day!