Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Um, Sorry Babe?

Welcome to my "home office," that is, the place where I spend waaay too much time reading blogs:

I should have dusted before snapping this pic, sorry!

Here is a photo-reenactment of that same home office on Saturday morning, when Hubs walked in to see this:

"Hey Dad!  I'm just chillin on the keyboard, reading some Dr. Seuss.  Care to join?"
By the way, this is not to scale.  The baby is in fact ginormous.

That's right, he was sitting on the slide-out keyboard tray.  On the keyboard.  Perhaps using his behind to type his first novel?  Not sure.  All I know is that recently I've had to push my chair in after using the computer because this crazy little 16-month-old monkey was crawling up and typing dissertations.  Or just closing all my windows, whatever.

Being the very conscientious wife I am, I had warned Hubs about it and asked him (without a hint of nag) to also be pushing in that chair.  Needless to say, he failed to do so on this one occasion.  However, I'm happy to report that finding his 27-pound baby casually seated atop a rickity keyboard tray drove the lesson home for him.  Perhaps even in a way that a nagging wife cannot.  No wonder he wouldn't tell me about this until I promised to "not say anything."  Like, as if.

2 comments:

  1. Shell--I am so glad this was an example of your photoshop expertise! I thought for a second that the Hubs had lost his mind and instead of getting Little Man down he reached for the camera!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Funny thing is, I don't even have Photoshop, just some old free software, and it worked! When Hubs saw it he thought I put the baby back up there for a pic!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment makes my day!