Monday, August 1, 2016

Fun and Funky Planters

Man, it's hot out.  Almost hot enough to make me to ignore my garden.  I think I'll sit inside and blog about it instead;)

Remember my post early this summer on Instagram and Facebook with this year's version of my birdcage planter?

Just impatiens this year:)
I just remembered that I have another unorthodox planter I haven't shown you yet, one I made out of an ancient Ikea chair that had lost its seat:

Grass, Bells (suffering from the heat) and Sweet Potato Vine (loving the heat)
I'm not much for pink flamingos, but I do like a garden that has some quirkiness to it, and unusual planters are a great way to achieve that goal.  Here are a few more examples I'd like to try someday:

Wheelbarrow Planter
Wheelbarrow via Bob Vila
Broken bird bath? Plant it! | Birdbath planter with petunias
Birdbath via Empress of Dirt

Planted Truck ready to go.
Toy Truck via Junk Market Style (I have one just like this!)
French Zinc Dough Bowl with Stand
Dough Bowl via Ballard Designs
Wherever and whatever you are planting this summer, hope you're having fun and staying cool.

 photo e0bcbc63-97e4-4f3b-adae-03bfc854ae09_zpsb8a65301.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment makes my day!