Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Summer Fun with Themes!

We're in summer mode!  Complete with road trips, lazy days and tons of fun.  I started Mommy Summer Camp last week, kicking it off with a Pirates theme.  I am gonna be lazy this summer about blogging, but I will try and keep you updated about our themes and see if I can inspire you to try it with your kids!

All we did for Pirate week was a raid our dress-up bin:


Fix a nautical snack (found this great idea on Pinterest):


Oh, and we went to the Blackbeard Festival!  Yes, there is such a thing in Hampton, VA every year.  It was a ton of fun, and my son (who researched Blackbeard for school last year), got a picture with the pirate himself!


Just in case you're wondering, no I do not plan road trips for every theme!  What I do is see what plans we have for the summer and pick a theme to match.  It adds meaning to what we are already doing.  So...when the 4th of July rolls around, it's "Our Country" week, and when we happen to be going to meet Blackbeard, it's Pirate week!

 photo e0bcbc63-97e4-4f3b-adae-03bfc854ae09_zpsb8a65301.jpg
P.S.  That Mommy Blog is finally on Facebook!  Come like me here!

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment makes my day!