Thursday, May 29, 2014

Pinspiration Thursday No. 14: A Hit and a Miss

Most Fridays in our house are Snack Nights.  Last week I tried not one but two "healthier" appetizers to get a break from my cheese-and-crackers habit (Newsflash: I insist on inhaling cheese even if healthy apps are available.  I have accepted this about myself and am moving on).

Here are the original pins from my "Eat Healthy" board on Pinterest:

 Guacamole Deviled Eggs – The most delicious healthy version.
Photo: Skinny Taste
Spicy Buffalo Cauliflower Bites - for vegans and carnivores alike, these are so good!
Photo: Skinny Taste
And my versions:

This picture cracks me up because it is so gross-looking!!  It should be on a Pinterest Fail board!

Also not super appetizing in my picture!  Sorry!  I am not a food blogger, I get that.
The verdict?  The guacamole deviled eggs were just gross!  I love guac and I love deviled eggs, but somehow they were just wrong when I put them together.

However, I really loved the buffalo cauliflower bites!  They give me an alternative to the pureed-cauliflower spiel. I was even hopeful the Hubs would like them, but alas, I did not make any cauliflower converts with these.  I agree with him that they still taste like cauliflower, so don't be thinking you will sneak these past a veggie-hater out there.  But if you're okay with cauliflower these are delicious!

 photo e0bcbc63-97e4-4f3b-adae-03bfc854ae09_zpsb8a65301.jpg
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment makes my day!