Friday, January 20, 2012

It's a Pirate Party, Me Hearties!

Biggest Boy turned five years old last week.  FIVE.  It hit me like a ton of bricks.  Fortunately I had a pirate party to throw, which reminded me that a birthday is a fun and joyous thing, not a reason to get weepy and cry because my boy isn't little anymore.  Instead he's all arms and legs and superhero-ninja-knight-monster.

And pirate!

Actually, we all were.
I wasn't sure how I would pull off a pirate party, but I actually got crazy into it!  Here's a taste of the decor:

Our swashbuckling mantel.

And a close-up so you know...it's all about the treasure!

The dining room got swathed in black and red.

All our mateys were invited to dress up as they arrived.

Our favorite activity was a treasure hunt that culminated in digging for treasure on the back deck.
Got this idea from Pinterest.
I tried to be cute with my food labels.  "Unsalted Water."  Get it?
Oh, okay, so I'm not the funniest person in the world.


The pirate ship cupcake wraps are available as a shape in the Silhouette store.  Loved them!


Orange slices and jello pirate ships: another idea from Pinterest.  Pinterest basically threw the party for me.

So, did we have fun?


Yeah, we did.

Photobucket

P.S. Lovin' the Linky's at Designer Garden!

2 comments:

Your comment makes my day!