Monday, September 6, 2010

Weekend Blessings



I am feeling really grateful on this long weekend.  For an extra day with my husband home from work, for time with family and friends, for beautiful weather (finally!) and for children who feel good and are behaving themselves. 

My boys and I sat out back for a long lunch on Saturday and it gave me time to gather some lavender from my late Summer crop--to be honest, everything in my "garden" (i.e. my weed farm) is totally overgrown and neglected, and I haven't harvested any lavender this year yet.  But I got enough from this second blooming to make a couple of small bundles.  Aren't they sweet?



I hope you've had a great long weekend too!

2 comments:

  1. So sweet, I might just have to plant a couple of those. They bloom twice? Great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lori! Yes, mine this year had a great second flush of bloom but actually it had some flowers for the entire summer. It is also HUGE (like 3 feet across and 2 feet high) but I have read that lavender gets kind of scraggly after a couple of years and might need to be replaced (this is its second summer in the ground). We'll see how it does! And the variety if you are out there shopping is 'Munstead.' Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment makes my day!