Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Around the Garden

One of my greatest pleasures in life is seeing things grow, especially in the spring when everything that comes up is such a joy after a long winter.  It has been especially fun this year, in a new house.  I have been so surprised by so much that has bloomed around here!

One of the major highlights has been the clematis.


These two vines have put on a straight-up show for us.



We also had incredible azaleas!  I'll be honest, I really don't love azaleas, but these were really pretty.



Here is a picture of more azaleas, along with these crazy bluebells that came up everywhere.



That was Round One.  Now we're into Round Two and getting gorgeous roses.



How quickly and beautifully these have bloomed has been a surprise to me.  I did cut the roses back in February and fertilize when they started growing, but I can't take credit for this gorgeousness.  That's all God.


I used the roses plus oregano from the herb garden for a simple floral arrangement for my Mother's Day Brunch.  It's a trick I learned from the florist at Fearrington House, where I used to work wedding receptions: mix herbs in with your flowers for beautiful fragrance and a natural look.


So, what's growing in your garden?  I would love to hear about it...and I'll take any cuttings you want to give me;)
 photo e0bcbc63-97e4-4f3b-adae-03bfc854ae09_zpsb8a65301.jpg
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment makes my day!