Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Specimen Art

Mom was off work yesterday, so she and I took the boys to a local museum to see the bug exhibit.  Why do boys love bugs so much?  But I have to admit, even I found something to like...


The butterflies were stunning, especially the amazing variety in sizes and colors.  I even found some beetles to like:


Nah, actually I hate beetles.  But loved those metallic colors!  The whole thing got me thinking about all the specimen art I have seen floating around on blogs.  Beautiful work like this:

Creativeweekend_punch1
Source: Ali Edwards
Source: Midwestern Sewing Girl
Source: Craftberry Bush
And, of course, there are the seasonal versions:

Source: Tatertots & Jello
Source: Racks and Mooby
Source: Flamingo Toes
Oh, that last one is right on time!  I'm feeling inspired.  What about you...have you made any sweet specimen art?  If you have, leave me a comment and brag on yourself, I would love to see what you've done.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment makes my day!