Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Why I Love Saladino

Did you catch the cover story in the July/August issue of Veranda?


It features a Palm Springs house designed by John Saladino, and I do believe it has rekindled my love affair with his work.  I first fell in love with him in high school when I saw this article in the May, 1995 issue of House Beautiful:

The Great Room is uh...great.  

The Dining Room.
I continue to dream of a circular pedestal table with armchairs.  It's been sixteen years.

That's right, I subscribed to House Beautiful in high school.  So what?  It doesn't make me a massive nerd, it just makes me...okay, I am a massive nerd.  Let me show you more of why I love John Saladino.

1) He is the king of romantic luxury.
Photo: Veranda
2) He effortlessly mixes contemporary and rustic elements.
Photo: Veranda
3) I want to eat dinner at his house.
Photo: Veranda
4) He designs every surface to perfection.
Photo: Village Properties
5) He invented scratch-coat plaster.
Photo: Veranda
6) He can design a room with a thousand layers, without it ever appearing busy or unrefined.
Photo: Village Properties
7) He doesn't just make outdoor rooms, he knows how to make an outdoor space.  
Photo: Village Properties
Do you love Saladino too?  You're in luck!  If you have just $24,500,000 to spare you can still purchase his villa! Just please invite me to dinner!!!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I'm moving in. Don't care which room. Any of them. (and not a Fisher Price or Disney logo in sight.........)

    best,
    MOV

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, you subscribed to House Beautiful in high school?! I may have been getting Sassy or Seventeen at that point. Yet another fun fact about my super sophisticated friend!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment makes my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...