Friday, February 18, 2011

Cute Monogram Art

Remember the other day when I told you about my Craft Gone Wrong?  Well, here is the final result of that particular project, and in the end I think it turned out pretty cute:

Awwwwww!
I made this monogram for my dear friend's daughter who just moved into her "Big Girl" room.  It was pretty simple, really.  I used the Silhouette to make the letters themselves out of cardstock.


Then I used spray adhesive to attach the monogram to scrapbook paper, and then framed it in a 12x12 frame.  I really wanted to get this done quickly, so I ended up buying a less-than-perfect frame and fixing it up a bit.  Here's what the frame originally looked like:


Of course, I was not going for primary yellow, so I also picked up a can of white satin spray paint.  I liked that the frame was wood, but like I told my friend, I think a cuter frame would be...um...cuter.

Okay, so why was this a Craft Gone Wrong?  Mostly because the Silhouette is a fickle friend.  Yes, she can do some amazing things.  She (and her software) can also give you fits.  I won't bore you with the play-by-play, but if you are having trouble welding letters, email me and I will send you my nitty-gritty instructions to make it work.

Photobucket

P.S. Lovin' the Linkys at:

Fancy This
Truly Lovely
Finding Fabulous

The Shabby Nest
The Shabby Nest

Fingerprints on the Fridge

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment makes my day!