Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My Snowy Mantel



Today I want to share my snowy winter mantel with you dear friends.  In addition to being in keeping with the season (and the blizzard outside my door as I write this), it also served as decor for Biggest Boy's birthday party last weekend.  More on that tomorrow!

My kids love the light-up snowflakes and I love the feather boas!

You might recognize the branches in those dollar-store hurricanes as left over from Christmas.  They do have some new snowy bling, though.  And the white mirror, faux snow and "snowballs" are new, too.

A close-up of those snowy branches...

...and a closer-up!  Cute, huh?

Simple, white and snowy.  I might still add a snowflake garland to the mirror, but I am pretty happy for the time being.  What do you think?



P.S. Lovin' the Linkys at:

Stories of A2Z

2 comments:

  1. I love your mantel...you really have the snow thing going on!! The light up snowflakes are SO cute...where did you find them? And I really like the snowflakes on the branches! Great job, Michelle!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, beautiful!!! Love it all!!! I would love for you to link this up to the CSI project this week. The challenge is winter crafts and decor. This is perfect for it.
    The link party begins at midnight on Wednesday through Friday!!! You could win the top prize or the great giveaway.
    www.thecsiproject.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comment makes my day!