Monday, February 8, 2016

My Moody Foyer

Do you love the look of all light, white, misty interiors?  I do.  It is so photogenic, so pleasing to the eye, and someday I may live in a space like that.  But for right now, as much as I love it, it isn't always "me."

Dark and White Foyer Paint

For now, "me" is a little bit moody.  And also so is my decorating style, ha!  Meet my moody foyer:

Sealskin by Sherwin Williams



Sealskin by Sherwin Williams


Sealskin by Sherwin Williams


Sealskin by Sherwin Williams

I love the way that the white provides a nice canvas for my equally moody oil painting:

Sealskin by Sherwin Williams

And some family pictures:

Sealskin by Sherwin Williams

One of the things that makes this work for me is the sheen of the darker paint; it is a slightly reflective satin, so even a color this dark bounces light around rather than sucks it up.  You can kind of see the sheen here:

Sealskin by Sherwin Williams


I painted the foyer about a year and a half ago, but I don't think I ever showed you.  I wanted to live with it first.  The longer I do, the more I love it.  It soothes me to walk through this space, and I love the drama of it as people enter my home.

So what about you?  Are you light and airy?  Or dark and moody?  Or can you be both?

 photo e0bcbc63-97e4-4f3b-adae-03bfc854ae09_zpsb8a65301.jpg
P.S. Lovin' the Linky's at Less Than Perfect Life of Bliss

Follow on Bloglovin

Colors:
Trim: White Dove by Benjamin Moore
Upper wall: White Dove by Benjamin Moore, color matched by Sherwin-Williams
Lower wall: Sealskin by Sherwin-Williams in Satin Finish

2 comments:

  1. What a pretty foyer! I love the white and light look, too, but it's not always realistic even though it looks great in photos. Your finishes and trims are lovely! Thanks for linking up at the Pretty Project Party.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment makes my day!