Friday, December 19, 2014

Pottery Barn Knock-Off: My Winter Mantel

Hello dearest!  Christmas time is here--happiness and cheer--and the perfect time to reconnect with my sweet peeps!  What better way than with a mantel, right?  So here it is, my:


I guess I will start with my PB inspiration:

Faceted Jewel Tree
Photo: Pottery Barn
I saw this picture in the catalog and just melted.  Things I knew I wanted: the mix of shiny and rustic, the greenery, candlelight, trees and that sweet deer.  Here's how mine turned out:


And the long view:


And the longest view:


And some of the details:

My chalkboard banner.  I used chipboard pennants and chalkboard spray paint.
Wildlife.
Had to have some "snow" for that wintry effect.
Meet Rudy.
I wrapped a tree form in twine and sprinkled glitter: easy breezy.

While it's not an exact replica, I think I achieved the feel of the Pottery Barn mantel without spending tons of money.  The only items I bought were the glitter trees in two sizes, the evergreen sprigs, and Rudy the deer--all from Hobby Lobby at 50% off.  Everything else was previously purchased or crafted from supplies I had on hand.  So how did I do?  And how are YOU doing?  Are the holidays doing you in, or are you "calm and bright?"  It is such a busy time of year, but I hope you get some wonderful family time, and some time to celebrate the birth of a king!  MERRY CHRISTMAS!

 photo e0bcbc63-97e4-4f3b-adae-03bfc854ae09_zpsb8a65301.jpg
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment makes my day!