Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Summer Doldrums

Hey there party people!  I just wanted to check in, because I miss y'all and know I have basically fallen off the planet lately.  I am apparently really skilled at just ditching my blog occasionally, which goes against every blogging "rule" in the world and is also just kinda rude.  So, I am sorry.

Truth is, I am in the middle of the Summer Doldrums when it comes to crafting and blogging and all sorts of other creative stuff.  Basically that means I am looking wistfully over at my laptop while I cuddle with my boys (that part is nice) and read books (often in my hammock) and also maybe while I binge-watch Brothers & Sisters.  I said maybe.

Motivation is not my forte at the moment.

Don't get me wrong, stuff's happening.  I painted my foyer and I love it and can't wait to show you.  I helped a friend paint a table and it turned out pretty good, too.  I am in a 7 study and in love with Jen Hatmaker's writing and OH YEAH get to review her newest book this month too!  So watch for all these things.

But I can't make any promises about when my next post will appear.  As I said, I am very talented when it comes to forgetting to blog. What can I say?  I'm caught in the doldrums.

 photo e0bcbc63-97e4-4f3b-adae-03bfc854ae09_zpsb8a65301.jpg
Follow on Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. You're not alone Michelle, I've been in a bit of doldrums regarding crafting myself or anything much else for that matter. After we painted our living room, I was in midst of making art, fine tuning l/r rehab and all of sudden I hit empty. Think it's meant to give us a bit of quiet away from it all and summer is good time for a Mom to spend "more" quality time with kids. They do come first next to hubs and yourself.
    I know I've missed seeing your posts but understand since I have these spells myself. I've learned to appreciate them, let myself relax until I'm ready to dive in full tilt again. Have noticed when I do I do better work after those lulls and to listen to what this old head and body tell me. You're not old for sure but nothing wrong with switching priorities for while now and then. You do have a life beyond your blog after all. Good for you for listening to what yourself tells you. Happy summer days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for commiserating! It's encouraging to know that others go through it and especially that you feel like you come out of it fortified for a new bout of creativity--I'm waiting on that sensation right now! Thanks for the comment love:)

      Delete
  2. I LOVED 7. And Jen for that matter. We should hang out and discuss it sometime. Also, how did you score a for of the new book to review? Teach me your ways! It sounds life we're having similar summers. No motivation here either. I say soak it up. We'll still be here when you're done. ;)

    Dana

    ReplyDelete

Your comment makes my day!