Thursday, April 10, 2014

Pinspiration Thursday No. 12: Ingenious Spice Storage? And a No Cost Pantry Clean Up

Happy Thursday!

It's one of my favorite days of the week.  First favorite is Sunday.  Then Saturday, Friday and Thursday. So, yeah, it's actually smack-dab in the middle.  Moving on.

Here's my pinspiration this week, straight outta my Organizing and Keeping Home board:

Frugal-Freebies.com: Frugal Tip: Pantry Organization - Hang a shoe bag on the back of your pantry door! So much more storage, especially for the little things that get buried or lost and forgotten. Photo Credit: joyfulhomemaking.com
Photo: Joyful Homemaking
And here is how it's lookin' in my own pantry:




So, here's the scoop.  We own every spice.  And it was so frustrating trying to find the right one, especially since I had not even taken them out of the boxes we moved in.  So, when I saw this idea on Pinterest, I knew I had to try it with the empty shoe rack I had hanging around.  I will report back on whether it is an actual improvement!

While I was at it, I also organized and straightened up my pantry.  I have already shown you a cheap pantry clean-up once before, but apparently I enjoy repeatedly humiliating myself.  In fact, this post is really good for me because over the weekend someone told me that coming into my home is like walking into a Pinterest board.  Ha!  When I retrieved my inflated head from the ceiling, I just had to laugh.  She never saw the pantry!!!

So, fair warning: the following is not gorgeous.  I do not have tons of beautiful matching containers, or even pretty labels.  Or anything.  But I wanted to show you what a difference you can make if you just go ahead and clean it up, zero dollars required!


It might appear like not a lot changed, but there is a ton more empty space which makes me happy.  And everything is in a spot which makes more sense, too.


I have all these awful boxes for the security system in there, so I decided to make the most of them and use the fact that they are magnetic to my advantage.  Cute kid artwork in the pantry cheers me up!  I used Command hooks to hang aprons in this little tiny corner, since they were previously on the door where the "spice rack" is now.  Also, I had to hang my hubby's meat brand.  What?  You don't have a meat brand with your initials in your pantry?

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment makes my day!