Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Honesty and Love


(The snow my boys are wishing for this winter.  Instead it is 70 degrees out there).

Wow, peeps.  Since I published my news about my MRI y'all have just blanketed me in love in a way I can't even describe.  I have received sweet comments from perfect strangers,  phone calls, comments on Facebook, handwritten notes in the mail (!) emails, texts, hugs...all kinds of expressions of love and concern.

I guess when you put your honest self out there, you get some serious love back.

That can be so tough for a private person for me, but wow, y'all have made it so easy.  Thank you.  I am grateful for each of you.

God continues to work away at me as well.  This morning when I opened up my son's devotional with him I glanced at yesterday's reading which we had missed.  Yesterday, which was my birthday.  And guess which verse God had put there for a nice little birthday present for me?  That's right, 2 Corinthians 10:5, the same exact verse I just quoted to you about making every thought obedient to Christ.

Don't you love it when God winks at you like that?  Those little "coincidences" which really aren't?  Here's another one: the same day I finally got up the courage and decided I would post my journal about the MRI, I was typing it in and figuring out what picture to use.  Suddenly I started getting comments on my blog out of the blue.  Now, y'all might know I basically ignore my blog and I certainly never get comments on it these days.  I did some digging and found out I was featured that very day on a website called Knock Off Decor, and I have received more than 700 visitors from that website since Saturday.  Coincidence?  Well, you know I don't think so.

Listen, I just keep hearing loud and clear that this little blog of mine has a renewed purpose to share God's love for you.  Don't worry, I am still going to bring you crafts and themed birthday parties and decorating and all that fun stuff.  But I am also just brimming with His love, and I need to pour some out for you.  Take some, it's yours!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully stated, Michelle. Thanks again for sharing your heart and allowing God to use you. So fun when He throws in the unexpected. Elisa

    ReplyDelete

Your comment makes my day!