Monday, July 16, 2012

Chicago!

The Hubs and I snuck away a couple of weeks ago for SEVEN DAYS in Chicago, no kids allowed.  I know, right?  It was the longest we've been away without our children, ever.  We missed them but we also had a blast, and it was a much needed break for old Momma here.

Chicago!
At Wrigley Field

Us at Wrigley, yay!
Our friend Dave, me and the Hubs at Gino's East.

The View from the Signature Lounge at the 96th, at the top of the John Hancock Building.

And a little while later, when the sun went down.

Hanging out at Navy Pier's Beer Garden.
That was pretty much it for our sightseeing...everything else we did centered around eating.  That's just the way we roll, I guess, but we did love us some meals at the Purple Pig, Topolobampo, Franks and Dawgs, Bandera and Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak and Stone Crab Restaurant.  Wanna see?

Deep Dish at Gino's East

Gourmet Brat at Franks and Dawgs...
and their yumazing Truffle Fries.

The best steak in Chicago at Joe's.
And, because I am obsessed with tapas/appetizers/snacks, too many pics of our meal at the Purple Pig which was ridiculously amazing:



Because apparently for me, vacation is all about the food.  Here's to getting away from it all!  Hope you get a chance to get some YOU time this summer too!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment makes my day!