Friday, May 13, 2011

Summer Mantel

I'm so excited to show you my super-simple Summer mantel today.  I've been craving something pared down and simple ever since going crazy on my ephemera-inspired Spring mantel.  (If you blinked, you mighta missed it but you can go back and see it here if you are so inspired).

For Summer I wanted something truly cool, and for that, I knew I had to bring back the zebra.  Here it is:


And the view from straight-on:


I brought in the driftwood I stole collected from the beach last month, a little silvery bling from my decor closet, and of course a pretty little sea-star, because what is a Summer Mantel without one?


Every time I walk in the room, it feels like I've taken a fresh breath of clean air.  And I love that it is simple, in keeping with my motto for the year.  Now, we'll just have to see how long it takes me before I decide to change it up.  Again.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Love the simplicity too. Fresh and clean with a great photograph and a few beachy touches = perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the simplicity and the freshness of your mantel! That photo is fab, gives it a little jolt of unexpectedness.
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete

Your comment makes my day!